Pages

Wednesday, February 25, 2009

Giving Up for the Glory of God

So I have decided to give up Facebook, MySpace, and TV (except for 7:00 Fox News and one other program) for lent.

I have never really given up anything for lent and stuck to it, so this should be interesting. I find that I spend way too much time on Facebook, MySpace and with the TV (which I stare at most times and don't even pay attention to what's on). Then I wonder...when will I ever have time to....cook, do yoga, read the bible, write a letter to a friend, blah, blah, blah. Well had I not wasted 3 hours doing a bunch of meaningless nothing then I would have had the time.

Now is the time for me to focus on my faith and do some things I have put off for a lifetime...like truly read the bible.

No comments:

Post a Comment